The Adoreboard CX academy is being officially launched at a special event hosted at Queen’s University Belfast on December 6th by Alex Genov from CX heavyweight Zappos. Over 200 people will attend the inaugural CX academy event to listen to a special keynote and exclusive masterclass hosted by Alex.
Zappos is a US-based online shoe and clothing retailer who managed to hit $1 billion in sales in its first 10 years and now produces in excess of $2 billion in revenues annually. They put this down to their exceptional customer service. They take an alternative approach to customer service, just read some of their facts below:
- Call centre employees endure over 4 weeks of training on how to make customers happy before they actually start answering calls
- They NEVER used scripts
- In 2011, Zappos sent flowers to a woman who ordered six different pairs of shoes because her feet were damaged by harsh medical treatments.
- The same year, it overnighted a free pair of shoes to a best man who had arrived at a wedding shoeless.
- Last March, a customer service representative physically went to a rival shoe store to get a specific pair of shoes for a woman staying at the Mandalay Bay hotel in Vegas when Zappos ran out of stock.
Some of these practices have been described as ‘insane’ or ‘fanatical’ but they are just examples of how Zappos has gone above and beyond for their customer and they are compensated with loyal customers and increase revenue as a result.
Take a watch of this video produced by Zappos showing an actual customer call at Zappos.
Zappos claims that company culture is the key to success. If you can identify your company’s core values and empower all employees to stand by them and exude them, your company culture will thrive.
Zappos standby 10 core company values:
- Deliver WOW through customer service
- Embrace and drive change
- Create fun and a little weirdness
- Be adventurous, creative and open-minded
- Pursue growth and learning
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Do more with less
- Be passionate and determined
- Be humble
The CX academy is Adoreboard’s educational hub created to bring together both Customer Experience leaders and enthusiasts. The mission of the academy is to educate, inform and inspire readers to unleash the full potential of their customer experience efforts and to improve their business performance by leveraging CX. So what better special guest to invite to launch our venture other than Alex Genov from Zappos?
If you would like to hear more from Alex at our CX Academy, we will be posting a new article with the key takeaways from the event. Keep up to date with our monthly newsletter here.