If administrative efficiency, an organised office and making people happy are your cup of tea then you might just be in the right place...
LOCATION: Belfast (city centre), Northern Ireland
If efficiency and making people happy are your cup of tea then you might just be in the right place because Adoreboard are looking for a smooth operator with business acumen for their Belfast HQ. Yes, we acknowledge the title of ‘Office Manager’ just doesn’t do the role justice, so we’re going to let the successful candidate pick their own! Sound good? Read on…
Adoreboard is a world leading ‘emotion analysis’ SaaS provider. We help brands transform their employee and customer experience by using our text analytics platform, Emotics, to analyse interactions and comments from any source (e.g. social media, NPS verbatim, reviews, support tickets) and extract ‘decision-ready insights’. Adoreboard clients use Emotics entirely self-serve or with ‘bolt-on’ consultancy and analyst time.
The successful individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of office operations in a growing technology ‘startup’, support the CEO and assist in the development of our company culture. We’re looking for an energetic, organised person who is tech-savvy, has a business head and excels at tackling new challenges on a daily basis.
- Devise, cultivate and organise a collaborative and fun office environment
- Keep HQ clean, tidy and running smoothly
- Assist in the hiring process and writing of job descriptions
- Assist in the on-boarding experience for new employees
- Handle day-to-day office operations and ordering of supplies
- Meet and greet, organise meetings and facilities
- Business and office administrative tasks
- Support CEO in terms of calendar, travel arrangements, key actions
- You’ve done this role before & ideally have CIPD qualification
- Minimum 2 year relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail
- Computer literate as minimum experienced in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Empathic people-person with ability to spot problems/inefficiencies and solve them
- Motivated self-starter with initiative to get stuff done
- Worked in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Technical skills such as configuring email, CRM etc
- A passion for any of the following; psychology, human behaviour, research, technology
What you get in return
- Full-time (35hrs/wk) with flexibility
- 25 days annual leave
- Awesome city centre location
- Salary dependent on experience
This is an entry-mid level role that offers potential within a growing tech company, including potential progression to operations.
We are open to part-time applicants. Salary pro-rata.